Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Moby Dick and 2PAC

Things Remembered
Part1: Moby Dick
2. When I am feeling down I usually go for a long walk. This allows me to reflect on the situation without being around the person who got me upset in the first place. I try to remind myself that I am lucky and have a great life compared with less furtunate people. I always try to make myself feel better because there is no point to pitying yourself.

Part2: "Dear Mama" TUPAC
1. I brought in the lyrics from a song called "Dear Mama" by 2PAC. I was 11 when my older brother told about it and made me listen to it. I listened to it and instantly fell in love with it.
2. I had left my mom back in Africa and lived with my dad for three years. Everyday I missed her. This song helped me feel close to her and also made me appriciate all the things she used to for me.
3. "Though back at the time, I never thought I'd see her face -- Ain't a woman alive that could take my mama's place -- Suspended from school; and scared to go home, I was a fool -- with the big boys, breakin all the rules" I used to get into a lot of fights back in elementary school. This made feel like I wasn't alone going through such problems.
4. A. Tell about a time when someone important to you was gone for a long amount of time.
4. B. You feel an emotion reading these lyrics, why or why not?

No comments: